Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Senior Year!

Well, today was my last first day of school. Ever. (I mean, there's college, but I mean actual school.) It was our first day, and I still can't really believe that I'm a senior! It's happened so fast! I've loved high school, and it seems like it's flown by so fast, so I really plan to enjoy this year super much.
There are only three seniors at Calvary this year- David, Brandi, and me. And that's the biggest graduating class yet. (I know, right?! lol) So we are very excited.
Today we didn't actually do any work, which was nice, and kinda got us back into the swing of things. Well, actually, as nice and wonderful as our teachers are, I don't actually think they were trying not to give us work, us seniors just haven't started our math class yet because we're going to do an online college one. So while the other high schoolers did math, we went to another room and got the middle school quiz packets ready for Mrs. Harris. It was a nice day.
So now I'm officially a senior, and I'm still taking it in. That hit me last year, when I knew that the next year I'd be a senior, but now that it's actually here, I'm still a little in shock. Like this year I have to get in college applications, take the ACT a couple more times, la de da de da...... and I'm a little sad it's my last year. But actually I'm much more excited than sad. Actually, I don't even feel sad. It's just that the thought of this being my last year of high school is a little overwhelming to me, but very exciting too. Very very exciting! :)
Oh, here is a picture my mom took this morning of Gabriel, Jacqui, and me before we left for school. I still don't have a car, but yesterday evening we went up to my Papaw Johns' house, which is in Louisa, and we borrowed his bronco so my dad could drvie that and I would drive his truck this week. So that was all very nice and wonderful. But anyway, this is before my mom left for work and us for school. I think she got this because it's a pretty big year for all of us- my brother started middle school, my sister started high school, and I started my senior year. I think my mom is a little overwhelmed too. But she's happy for us. Very very happy.
So I am looking forward to this school year and to see what all it (and God, precisely) has in store for me.

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, Whitney, Whitney. I very much enjoy being in your class this year. And I must admit I am quite jealous about the amount of "work" ya'll have had to do. But not so jealous about the whole last year thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year, I'm a junior and I still feel like it hasn't been that long since I was in middle school. I hope your last high school year goes well.

    ReplyDelete